Current users of the AccessUI can download the latest updates below.
Prospective AccessUI user can download the current version of the AccessUI below and can run it in a demonstration mode. The demonstration mode is a fully functional evaluation version of the AccessUI with the following limitations.
- Only the first 5 Navigation Bar groups will be displayed
- Only the first 5 items in each Navigation bar will be displayed
- Only the fist 10 nodes in each level of a Treeview will display
- The company name and URL will not display in the About Box
- The AccessUI Status bar will display a demo message
All applications created in demonstration mode can have all the limitations removed by purchasing and registering the AccessUI then opening each application with the AccessUI Admin tool.
The AccessUI requires Access 2000, 2002, 2003 or Access 2007. To install the AccessUI simply unzip the EXE file and run the installation program. All AccessUI files are installed by default in C:\Program Files\AccessUI and can be completely removed by using the Add or Remove Programs option in the control panel.
Attention Windows Vista Users
To make sure all components of the AccessUI are installed correctly please run the installation package by right mouse clicking on the file and select the Run as administrator option.
You may also need to grant write permissions to the directory where the AccessUI installs (by default C:\Program Files\AccessUI)
To grant write permissions:
- Open Windows Explorer (Windows Key + E)
- Browse to C:\Program Files or the directory you installed the AccessUI in
- Right mouse click on AccessUI and select Properties
- Click on the Security Tab and press Edit…
- In Group or user name box, select Users
- In Permissions for Users, check Full Control
- Press Apply, then OK
- Then OK once more to close the Properties box
Attention Access 2007 Users
For the AccessUI to work with the new Access 2007 trust model you need to setup a trusted location for the AccessUI. To add a new Trusted Location follow these steps.
- Open Access 2007
- Press the Office Button and select Access Options
- Select the Trust Center from the list at the left
- Press the Trust Center Setting… button
- Press the Add new location… button
- Press the Browse… button and select C:\Program Files\AccessUI
- Check the box labeled Subfolders of this location are also trusted
- Press the OK button